Getting ready to sell? Before you put your house on the market, peruse this checklist on how to prepare. When you're ready, contact one of our experienced Listing Specialists to get a FREE Home Evaluation.
1. Consider your curb appeal – make sure the first thing prospective buyers see entices them to want to see more.
2. De-clutter living areas – less is definitely more when it comes to getting your house ready to show.
3. Depersonalize your space – remove any distractions so the buyers can visualize themselves and their family living in the home.
4. Repaint walls to neutral tones – You might love that turquoise wall, but if it’s your buyer’s least favorite color, that could be a turnoff and set the tone for the rest of the showing.
5. Touch up scuff marks – pay special attention to scrubbing and touching up baseboards, walls, and doors to make the house sparkle.
6. Fix loose handles – as small as it seems, a loose handle or missing light bulb can have a negative effect on a buyer.
7. Add some plants – add a bouquet or two around the house to create a more welcoming environment.
8. Conduct a smell test – foul odors can be a deal breaker. Ask a friend or family member to conduct a smell test on your home.
9. Clean, clean, clean – you want your home to look spotless and sparkle.
10. Consider staging – while this is not required, it certainly won’t hurt. Consider hiring a professional to help maximize your homes potential.