Real Estate Careers
Interested in a career change or becoming a real estate agent? Follow the eight steps below or contact us at 502-709-9025 to get started today.
Take the 90-hour pre-licensing Broker course. A great online resource is through the www.RECP.org and has an approximate cost of $688 (+ shipping and handling for course books). You must be 18 years of age and have received a high school diploma or equivalent.
Sign up for study materials and practice exams through one of the following, CompuCram.com ($79) or PrepAgent.com ($89)– register for the Indiana Real Estate Broker Exam Prep. This is optional, however, crucial to prepare you for the course tests AND state examination.
Pass the three – 100 multiple choice question tests during the 90-hour pre-licensing course with 225 points or a 75% or greater.
Study, study, study using the course materials and study guides and practice exams.
Schedule to take your exam through candidate.psiexams.com ($53.00) You must pass with a 75% on The State Portion and The National Portion.
Schedule an appointment with our Agent Onboarding Coordinator or Managing Broker (502-751-3053) to complete paperwork. Send your certificates, application and activation payment to IPLA to activate your license. Application fee is $60.00 and made out to the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency (IPLA). The IPLA will process your paperwork and activate your license, typically within 5-10 business days. You will have one year to complete, or the commission will hold your license inactive until you decide where to place it.
Become a REALTOR® member of the Southern Indiana Realtors Association (SIRA). Approximately $1,300 per year. Prices are subject to change by the Southern Indiana Realtors Association. New Agent dues are prorated. The breakdown includes application fees, REALTOR® membership and a subscription to the local MLS.
- One-time Application/Activation Fees: SIRA $150.00. SUPRA $50.00 and IAR $200.00
- National, State Local Dues are approximately $525 per year (billed December/Due January).
- Multiple Listing Service Subscription approximately $780 per year, billed twice per year at $390 (billed March and July).
- SUPRA Electronic eKEY (mobile app) $15 + tax paid monthly to SUPRA via credit card.
- Schedule and attend the SIRA orientation course for Multiple Listing Service (MLS) access. Call once license becomes active with the state of Indiana. 812.941.7472
Schedule an appointment with our Director of Operations to select business cards, agent website, business email, and orientation.